public knowledge space
UN Studies Association (UNSA) Global Network / UNSA Vienna’s Femicide Team
UN Organization on Drugs and Crime
This unique knowledge space provides selected, high-quality information on the issue of femicide: the gender related killings of women and girls. It addresses policy and decision-makers at all levels, actors from the criminal justice system, practitioners, civil society activists, academics, and individuals concerned with this horrible phenomenon.
A prototype of this platform was presented and launched in May 2017 on the occasion of the 26th session of the UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (22-26 May, 2017). Read UNODC’S press statement. It was upgraded in May 2018.
- key information on the issue of femicide: core definitions, facts, figures, data, statistics
- landmark documents issued by key players
- an interactive knowledge base of good practices in multiple areas: data collection, legislation, jurisdiction, etc.
- topical and regional / country dossiers, timelines, reading lists
- direct access to experts and practitioners from around the world and across disciplines.
- content strategy
- concept development
- content production support
- support, hosting, maintenance